2020 Chevy Traverse Towing Capacity
Shopping for a new SUV that is up to the task of supporting your home improvement projects and weekend camping trips near Crawfordville? Look no further than the new Chevy Traverse. Whether you’re loading up a small trailer with tropical flowers and gardening tools or you want to haul a pop-up trailer to your favorite campground, the 2020 Chevy Traverse towing capacity of 5,000 pounds can get the job done. Learn more about this premium mid-size SUV’s surprisingly rugged capabilities with the team at Dale Earnhardt Jr. Chevrolet!
2020 Chevrolet Traverse Towing Specs
If you’ve done your research, you know that the 2020 Traverse is available in seven well-appointed trim levels. Each trim builds off of a robust 3.6L V6 engine and standard front-wheel drive or available all-wheel drive. Despite sharing the same base engine, your choice of trim will affect the Chevy Traverse towing capacity. Here’s how:
- With front- or all-wheel drive, the Chevy Traverse L, LS, LT Cloth, LT Leather, and RS can tow 1,500 pounds. The Premier trim with front-wheel drive also maxes out at 1,500 pounds.
- In order to up the Chevrolet Traverse towing ability to 5,000 pounds, you will need to upgrade to the Premier trim with all-wheel drive, or the High Country with either front- or all-wheel drive.
Exploring the Traverse Cargo Space
It’s probably not every day that you’ll be trailering around Quincy. Here’s a quick rundown of the cavernous Traverse cargo area dimensions:
- Cargo Volume Behind 1st Row: 98.2 cubic feet maximum
- Cargo Volume Behind 2nd Row: 57.80 cubic feet maximum
- Cargo Volume Behind 3rd Row: 23.0 cubic feet maximum
Clever Storage Features
When you’re just about ready to hit the road on a much needed weekend getaway, things can get pretty hectic. Thankfully, the new Traverse is equipped with a few cargo management features that make it easier to get organized during those last steps between the front door and the trunk of your SUV:
- Hands-Free Liftgate: When your hands are full, a simple kicking motion signals your liftgate to open automatically.
- Hidden Storage: Concealed from view, under-floor storage acts as a convenient place to stow last-minute gear additions or put your valuables in a safe spot when you’re out and about in Havana.
It’s features like these that have earned the 2020 Traverse such high praise from industry reviewers.
Get Behind the Wheel at Dale Earnhardt Jr. Chevrolet!
The 2020 Chevrolet Traverse towing capabilities are pretty impressive, and you can start taking advantage of them with the help of Dale Earnhardt Jr. Chevrolet. Contact us to ask about setting up a test drive or to learn about our finance solutions today!
More from Dale Earnhardt Jr. Chevrolet
Considering the new Chevy Trailblazer for sale at Dale Earnhardt Jr. Chevrolet as your next small SUV? Despite the compact size that makes the Trailblazer ideal for getting around Crawfordville, it has a surprisingly spacious interior! You can seat up to 5 passengers with ease in the Chevy Trailblazer interior, with 25.3 cubic feet of cargo space behind…
If you already know about the well-appointed, cavernous interior of the 2021 Chevy Tahoe, it’s time to put some focus on its fantastic capabilities! The 2021 Chevy Tahoe towing capacity is one Quincy drivers will continuously be impressed by. The Chevy Tahoe towing capability can reach a max of 8,400 pounds when properly equipped, perfect…
With a maximum cargo volume of 64.2 cubic feet, comfortable seating for up to five passengers, and no shortage of amenities, the new 2021 Chevy Blazer interior is perfectly crafted for on-the-go lifestyles. Whether you’re picking up groceries in Crawfordville or leaving Quincy for a spontaneous road trip, this stylish mid-size SUV is built to…